Bamboo Safety Razor
Shaving: Most of us do it. Unfortunately, billions of plastic razors and cartridges are thrown away every year. They cannot be recycled, as the metal is embedded in plastic. So, all this plastic is burned or ends up in nature. This is a disaster for the environment. Luckily, there are better options.
Zero-waste shaving with safety razors
Traditional safety razors are an effective swap for plastic-free shaving. These zero-waste razors were widely used before the mass production of single-use razors. Major shaving companies, who only had profit in mind, made the traditional razor forgotten. Still, zero-waste razors are now the best alternative for men and women alike.
One recyclable blade
The zero-waste razors use one single blade made from stainless steel. Thus, the blades are easily recyclable. Please do check with your local recycling point for information about recycling the blades!
How often the blades need to be replaced depends on shave frequency and hair type, this can vary from a few weeks to months. Double edge safety razor blades are economical and can be bought in most supermarkets or online.
It is advisable never to put an unprotected blade in the waste bin as this can be dangerous to you and others. Therefore, it is best to put it in a can, old jar, or similar object before disposing of it according to your local recycling regulations. Our razor blade disposal tin is perfect for safely disposing and recycling your double edge safety razors.
HOW TO USE
- Wet the desired area and latter some shaving soap or cream on the area. Tip: first exfoliate the area gently for optimal shaving.
- Wet the razor with some water
- Shave at an angle of 30 to the skin and do not push the razor into the skin. Let the weight of the razor head to its things. If you apply pressure you can easily irritate your skin and may even cause cuts.
- After each stroke rinse the razor and latter some more shaving cream or soap.
- Finish off by patting your skin dry with some cool water.
- After you are finished drying, it's important to soothe and moisturize the skin to avoid any skin irritations. Here are some moisturizers that might help, if you have sensitive skin, preferably use a moisturizer without any essential oils.
For first-time beginners: practice on easier areas such as your legs or armpits, to get a feel of the weight and the angle. Start out with short strokes and even shorter strokes around difficult areas such as ankles and jaw lines. Since this is a different way of shaving because it does not have an angled head just like with traditional razors, it takes a few times to get used to. You might cut yourself but don't let that discourage you. Do you remember how many times we used to cut ourselves when we first started shaving when we were younger? It's all part of the game. Once you get used to it, trust me you will regret not starting sooner.
Download the user manual here
- It includes 1 Astra razor blade & 1 In-depth digital user manual
- Recyclable material
- Better and clean shaving results
- Saves a lot of money compared to cartridge razors
This product comes in a recyclable cardboard box
- Bamboo: The bamboo handle is made from a particular, darker bamboo stem, growing slower but stronger than regular bamboo. The bamboo handle allows for a tight grip, even if wet.
- Brass: This alloy of copper and zinc is corrosion-proof. Solid and resistant, it is perfect to create long-lasting safety razors. Brass ensures a perfectly weighted balance that will help you achieve a close and smooth shave. It is important to note that the zinc alloy does not contain nickel initially. Still, there could be traces of it, so watch out and do the test if you are allergic to nickel.
Please be careful with the razor, avoid dropping it. Due to the heaviness of the razor, the head can be vulnerable and break the screw when dropping