Washing Up Scraper
This handy coconut scraper is a good, sustainable alternative to scouring pads. No to microplastics, yes to the coconut! The naturally hard coconut shell, with a somewhat rough structure, helps remove stubborn dirt. The scraper is super sturdy and therefore lasts a long time, but if it is still at the end of its life, you can simply put it on the compost. Super sustainable.
Coconut fiber is the naturally bacterial-resistant, fibrous material that is found between the hard, internal shell and the outer brown coconut bark. LoofCo uses coconut fibers that are a by-product of coconut feed and oil production and that would otherwise be incinerated. They twist coconut fiber around a 100% recyclable, galvanized stainless steel core and add a metal hanging loop for easy use and draining. Coconut fiber stays stiff when wet, holds liquids well and gives the coconut bark extra scrubbing power.
HOW TO USE
- Soak stubborn dirt first in water, then use the scraper
- The scraper has a knife-like end with a rough surface for the effective removal of dirt.
- If it starts to fray, trim the end of the scraper to last for months.
- Use the cord to let the scraper dry while hanging
- 100% biodegradable and compostable
- Lasts for months
- Supports traditional skills, crops and cottage industries while ensuring fair wages
- Handmade in Egypt
LoofCo products are inspired by cleaning methods that have been tried and tested for generations. With the help of this knowledge, the products are expertly designed and made in Sri Lanka and Egypt. They ensure that local farmers and production workers have a pleasant workplace and are treated fairly with wages and benefits, such as medical insurance, higher hourly wages than the normal rates. There are no children employed.
Our goal is to offer you the best shipping options, whether you live in the Netherlands or an international country. Every order is provided with Track & Trace so you can follow your package.
SHIPPING - THE NETHERLANDS
- Shipping time: Delivery usually takes about 1-3 business days after your order is processed.
- Shipping costs: €4,95 for all orders.
- Free shipping: If your order is above €50,- then the shipping costs are free.
All of our orders will be shipped with Fietskoeriers, which is the most sustainable shipping option available in the Netherlands. The bicycle courier collects the packages from us daily and they strive to deliver all packages in the Netherlands within 24 hours.
The bicycle couriers deliver the packages from Tuesday to Friday between 6:00 PM and 10:00 PM. If you are not at home when the delivery person comes to your door, they will always try to deliver your package to your neighbors. Is it not working with your neighbors? The bicycle couriers make three delivery attempts, after three failed delivery attempts your package is returned to us at Plastic Free Amsterdam On Saturday, the packages are delivered by DHL, in collaboration with Fietskoeriers.nl.
Change delivery day or address?
If your package is delivered by bicycle, you can. The track & trace message you receive will state whether your package will be delivered by bicycle. To change the delivery day or delivery address, it is best to contact Fietskoeriers.nl via the chat function on the website, mail or via Whatsapp:+31 6 14435193.
How does Fietskoeriers.nl work?
The city is the domain of bicycles. That is why green gas cars drive to the outskirts of the city and the bicycle couriers deliver the packages by bicycle from there. In this way, we reduce the traffic pressure in the city and limit CO2 emissions to a minimum.
These bicycle couriers currently cycle in 30 cities, but not yet in the rest of the Netherlands. It is therefore possible that their partner, DHL, will deliver your package. And that is still sustainable! By combining delivery in rural areas with a different carrier, the vans are fuller and no CO2-emitting vehicles are added on the highway. DHL also has the sustainable bar high, by 2050 they want to be completely emission-free. The track & trace message that we will send you states whether the bicycle couriers will deliver your package or whether DHL will do so.
We ship to the following countries:
- Austria ( home - €10,30; service point - €6,50)
- Belgium (€8,00)
- Czechia (€13,55)
- Denmark (€10,20)
- Estonia (home - €15,20; service point - €14,10)
- France (home - €11,75; service point - €8,75)
- Germany (€6,45)
- Hungary (€13,55)
- Ireland (€15,20)
- Italy (€15,40)
- Latvia ( home -€17,45; service point - €16,30)
- Liechtenstein (€14,10)
- Lithuania (€16,30)
- Luxembourg (home - €9,75; service point - €7,35)
- Monaco (€13,05)
- Poland (€13,55)
- Portugal (€14,10)
- Slovenia (€15,20)
- Slovakia (€14,10)
- Spain (15,20)
- Sweden (€13,05)
- United Kingdom (€9,45)
- Shipping time: Delivery usually takes about 2-5 business days after your order is processed.
- Shipping costs: The shipping costs are displayed next to the country name. We do not have a standard international shipping fee because we want you to know exactly what the costs are. This way you know you won't pay too much.
PICK UP YOUR ORDER IN AMSTERDAM?
You can pick up your order in our storage unit in the Bijlmerbajes located on H.J.E. Wenckebachweg 48 in Amsterdam. You can choose for pickup at checkout. Carefully read the instructions given.
If you have any questions, you can contact us: