Washing Up Loofah Sponge - 2 pack
The Loofah plant is a vigorously growing plant which is from the cucumber family and rich in sustainable fibers and yet soft and flexible. When the fruit is ripe, the inside of the loofah fruit develops a network of fibers that are perfect for cleaning and exfoliating when they are dried. These loofahs are harvested, peeled, seeds removed and then dried, cut into lengths and processed by hand in Egypt. This method of processing is a natural tradition that has been passed on through many generations
HOW TO USE
- When dry, our washing up pads will feel quite course and stiff however once the loofah is soaked in water it will expand and become soft, especially good for non-stick pans.
- After each use: squeeze out any excess water then shake out any food particles and then hang to dry.
- You can even wash your loofah in the washing machine occasionally or by hand. Soak in baking soda to freshen up and give a good thoroughly clean, make sure to rinse well before reusing.
- 100% biodegradable and compostable
- Lasts for months
- Supports traditional skills, crops and cottage industries while ensuring fair wages
- Handmade in Egypt
LoofCo products are inspired by cleaning methods that have been tried and tested for generations. With the help of this knowledge, the products are expertly designed and made in Sri Lanka and Egypt.They ensure that local farmers and production workers have a pleasant workplace and are treated fairly with wages and benefits, such as medical insurance, higher hourly wages than the normal rates.