Reusable Nespresso Cup
Save hundreds of euros by never buying expensive disposable coffee cups again, avoid waste and enjoy really tasty coffee! The Good Cups are reusable and ecologically responsible coffee cups that work with your Nespresso machine.
You can refill and reuse your cup as much as you want with the coffee you want so you can save up to 85% on your coffee spending. Save money while helping save the world and future generations.
- Ecological - reuse the cups and avoid throwing away hundreds of capsules per year.
- Economical - save loads of money on your coffee costs with The Good Cup reusable cups
- Perfect as a gift - you can give The Good Cup as a gift to a family member, friend and any coffee lover.
- Healthy - The Good Cup is made of stainless steel, without bisphenol A (BPA) or aluminum, making it non-toxic when hot, unlike the "normal" disposable coffee cups.
- Easy to use - the capsules are easy to wash off, by hand or in the dishwasher.
- Flexible - choose which coffee you use. From the supermarket or, even better, The Good Coffee.
Do you want to double-check whether The Good Cup also works with your device? Feel free to contact us.
TIPS & TRICKS
For Dutch, click here
The grind that often works best is a Moka pot grind. This is slightly coarser than an espresso grind but finer than a filter grind. If your coffee is finely ground (as espresso blends often are), don't press the coffee too hard with the stamper. If water drips from your machine when using The Good Cup, this often indicates that the coffee has been tamped too hard and the water cannot get through. You can experiment with different ways of stamping. Sometimes just pressing the lid is enough pressure to make delicious coffee.
In addition to finely ground coffee, you can also fill The Good Cup with coarser coffee grounds. We have experienced that this often results in a slightly less strong coffee. However, it may make a perfect cuppa for you!
In addition to a fine coffee grind, we recommend dark roasted coffee. By using coffee beans with a strong taste you also get a stronger espresso duh... This is our personal preference because we like strong coffee. This can of course differ for you!
How much pressure you apply with the pestle has a major influence on the end result. Because the amount of pressure you have to apply differs per coffee and coffee maker, we recommend experimenting with this a few times.
Amount of coffee
You get the best result with The Good Cup if you do not fill the cup completely to the top with coffee. This is because if the cup is filled all the way to the top with coffee, it is more difficult for the coffee to flow through. It is best to fill the cup to just below the rim with coffee (after it has been tamped). If you want to make a stronger coffee, it is possible to fill the cup with more coffee. Make sure that no water will flow past.
Lead time Nespresso Machines
It sometimes happens that the lead time of your Nespresso machine is longer than is optimal for a strong espresso. This can make your coffee watery, and we don't want that! Fortunately, there is a simple solution to adjust the lead time of your machine so that you too can make delicious espresso with The Good Cup!
How to set the lead time of a Nespresso machine:
- Place a glass or mug under your Nespresso machine (to catch the water)
- Then press the dispense button so that the machine starts to heat up
- Wait for the machine to warm up
- Press and hold the dispense button while the water starts running
- As long as you have pressed the dispense button, the water will continue to run
- When you release the release button, the run time is set to how long you have held the button down
- Test the perfect run time for a strong espresso (20-25 seconds works best for us)
- Additional tips
A thicker foam layer on your coffee?
Our experience shows that a thicker foam layer is created when using a finer coffee grind. In addition, the foam layer strongly depends on the type of coffee you use. Some coffees naturally produce a thicker foam layer than others.
A simple barista trick can help you get a thicker foam layer, and even improve the taste of your coffee. First, you fill The Good Cup with coffee and put it in your machine. Then press the dispense button so that water starts flowing. As soon as one drop of coffee comes out of the machine, press the button again to stop the delivery. The idea is that some hot water remains in the cup. Now wait 10 seconds and then press the dispense button again. By soaking the coffee in the cup briefly in the hot water, the taste of the coffee becomes stronger and a thicker foam layer is created. That's another trick you can use to impress your friends!
Cleaning The Good Cup®
If you have used The Good Cup be careful when handling it, the cup will be warm. When the cup has cooled you can take it and remove the coffee. If the coffee has been tamped down hard, it may help to run some water on it.
- Stainless steel cup + stamper
- Plastic scoop + brush
- Plastic-free packaging
- Made from stainless steel
- Endlessly reusable
- Dutch brand
- Works with most Nespresso machines