Shea Nilotica Butter - Unrefined - 100 ml
Shea Nilotica is very rich in vitamins A & E which has an anti-aging effect on the skin and can be used as a moisturizing face cream or body butter.
This soft Shea Nilotica butter from East Africa is a lot softer and creamier than the regular West African Shea butter. Because it contains oleic acid. In addition, the Shea Nilotica has a lighter scent than the Shea Butter.
HOW TO USE
- As a moisturizer: You can apply the shea butter directly to the skin because the butter melts at body temperature.
- As a body butter: Melt a cup of shea butter in a pan. Take off the double boiler and add some teaspoons of oil of your choice. Then let it cool in the fridge for 20 minutes. Beat it with a hand mixer to body butter, and add 10 drops of lavender and frankincense oil if necessary.
- As a hair conditioner. Melt 2 tablespoons coconut oil with 1 tablespoon shea butter in a double boiler. Let the mixture cool, then add 1 teaspoon of argan oil. Beat the mixture with a hand mixer until you get a creamy cream. Apply the cream to the hair and leave for 30 minutes. Then wash your hair with a natural shampoo.
- To soothe eczema. Melt half a cup of shea butter with two tablespoons of coconut oil in a double boiler. Let it cool in the fridge for 20 minutes. Add three teaspoons of rose water and 10 drops of lavender oil to the mixture, and beat the mixture until it forms a cream. Store the mixture in a jar and in a cool place. Apply to sensitive areas of the skin once or twice a day to soothe eczema.
- Shea Nilotica butter is best kept in a cool place.
- Shea Nilotica butter can become gritty in warmer or colder temperatures, this will not affect the quality, but will make it more difficult to spread. To solve this easily, you can completely melt the shea butter au bain-marie or use the glass jar as a double boiler and then let it cool in the freezer for 20-30 minutes.
- Plastic-free packaging: comes in a reusable and recyclable glass jar with a metal cap
- Organic & unrefined
- Suitable for all skin and hair types, specially for sensitive skin types and babies
- Small and fairly produced in East Africa
- Great for DIY cosmetic recipes
100% cold-pressed Shea Nilotica
Inci: Butyrospermum Parkii (Vitellaria paradoxa)