Bananas Foster 68% - Dark Chocolate
Raaka craft this bar with perfectly ripe bananas, fruity Peruvian cacao, house caramelized sugar, and vanilla bean. Raaka’s tribute to the iconic New Orleans dessert.
CAC Pangoa, Peru
- Direct & transparent Trade
- Non-GMO project verified Organic
- Unroasted (RAW)
Organic cacao beans, organic cane sugar, organic bananas, organic cacao butter, organic vanilla bean.
ABOUT THE BRAND
In a former warehouse in Brooklyn, New York two young guys make progressive chocolate. In the past few years, the number of bean-to-bar makers has risen fast. In 2010 Ryan Cheney and Nate Hodge were daring enough to start their own chocolate brand and next to this they had the courage to put traditional recipes to the test. Today they make price winning chocolates.
Cheney took a year off to learn how to make chocolate. Together with Hodge, he found a method to turn unroasted (virgin) cocoa into their own Raaka bars. Raaka never stops pioneering. They will mature cocoa in old Whiskey barrels or combine chocolate with the flavor of Chinese Chai: the boundaries of traditional flavors get tested.
At Raaka, they also believe that their process should value the community of growers, producers, and makers whose livelihoods depend on cacao and chocolate. It takes an entire village of individuals, literally stretching across cultures and continents, to make every delicious bar.
What makes Raaka so different and unique from any other chocolate makers is their model of Transparant Trade. This means they:
- Purchase directly from cooperatives and grower organizations that focus on quality, sustainability, field support, market access, and premium prices for farmers.
- Purchase cacao at stable, premium prices that are higher than the commodity market and Fair Trade prices and protected from market fluctuations
- Offer transparent pricing, they publish each transaction on their website for verification and accountability